That Perfect Sunday

I usually wake up on Sunday and just lay there. There are times when I will have something to do, but for the most part I have no real things to do for that day. My fantasy though, the one I keep playing over and over in my head, is of having The Perfect Sunday.

Let me outline this for you:

Me and my imaginary boyfriend, whom I will call Michael, wake up together in a gorgeous king size bed with soft plush comforters. In my fantasy sometimes we have a quickie, other times we just lay there spooning and cuddling. Eventually we decide to roll out of bed and venture to the kitchen. I make waffles or pancakes or french toast for the both of us while he reads the paper and we chat about nothing in particular. The kitchen smells like frying bacon and some delicious breakfast confection. Michael might try to steal some bacon by distracting me with a tender kiss. After breakfast we both shower, sometimes together sometimes separately.

Michael and I decide to watch a little Tv because we are both closet Jersey Shore fans, or maybe we catch an episode of I Love Lucy or even some Spongebob.

Eventually we decide to venture out into the world to catch a movie. Afterwards we have a small picnic in the park. I nap on his lap as he reads some nondescript novel. When the sun begins to go down Michael and I head home to have a fun dinner and play some Scrabble or Bananagrams. We end the evening by watching the news in bed while Michael continues his novel and I work on some knitting. He does not know it but I am knitting him some fingerless gloves for when fall hits and he is playing his games of football. Since both of us have to work the next day we turn in early. Michael and I fall asleep spooning as he tells me "I love you". Of course I say "I love you too".

This entry was posted in ,,,,,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.